Tuesday 17 July 2012

Την Γλώσσα Μου Έδωσαν Ελληνική - Greek The Language They Gave Me



























Greek the language they gave me;
poor the house on Homer's shores...
My only care my language
on Homer's shores...
There breams and perches
wind beaten verbs,
green streams in azurre ones
what I saw in my inwards
sponges, jellyfishes, 
with the first words of Sirenes
rosy oysters, 
with the first black chills...
 My only care my language,
with the first black chills... 
There pomegranates, quinces
Dark haired Gods, uncles and cousins
emptying oil into the huge vessels
And breaths from the ravine
scenting wicker and lentisk
broom and ginger root, 
with the first singing of finches
sweet psalmodies, 
with the very first Glory to Thee...
My only care my language,
with the very first Glory to Thee!..
There laurels and palm leaves
censer and incense
blessing the swords and muskets
on the soil paved with vine leaves,
the smell of roasting lamb,
glass clinks and "Christ is risen"
with the first fireworks of the Greeks!
Secret loves,
with the first lyrics of the Hymn...
My only care my language,  
With the first lyrics of the Hymn!..




Odysseas Elytis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
Did you design this website yourself or did
you hire someone to do it for you? Plz answer back as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. appreciate it
Review my web site english premier league transfer news and rumours

Anonymous said...

Hi there i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anywhere, when i read this
post i thought i could also make comment due to this good post.
My site perfumes